Our fine gardening approach to maintenance ensures ongoing plant health, a thriving ecosystem, and a well-kept outdoor living space. Services include
- Pruning and trimming trees, hedges, shrubs, grasses, and vines.
- Dead heading, grooming, and trimming plants to encourage health. Our crew has expert knowledge in the unique needs of specific plant types such as succulents and cacti, roses, and acidic-loving plants (fruit trees, camellias, hydrangeas).
- Integrated Pest Management techniques including analysis and treatment of plant diseases and pests utilizing exclusively natural and organic methods.
- Lawn and site care using soil amendment and nutrient boosting with organic and natural fertilizers (Veganic options available).
- Irrigation maintenance, troubleshooting, and small scale repairs.
- Clean up services such as mowing, weeding, raking, sweeping, and generally making sure everything looks neat and clean.
Mazingira also considers the environment in our maintenance services. In addition to the above, we emphasize hand tools and use only electric mowers and other machines. No blowers or other gas-guzzling equipment is used.
We offer weekly, bi-monthly, and monthly visits depending on site need and client preferences. Maintenance service areas include Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, San Leandro, Albany, El Cerrito, Emeryville, San Francisco, Orinda, Lafayette, Moraga, and Walnut Creek.
- Spring cleaning (or any time of year!)—large scale, comprehensive clean up services that include maintenance tasks described above and additional work including:
- Intensive weeding
- Cutting back or removing overgrown grasses and other plants
- Hauling of plant and other debris
- Staging—getting your home ready for sale
- Clean up work
- Additional planting
- Addition of mulch
- Soil treatments
- Hardscape repairs
- Irrigation rehabilitation
- Drainage resolution
- Troubleshooting drainage issues such as soggy areas, presence of standing water, and consistently dry areas
- Installation of French drains and other drainage systems
- Re-grading to create proper drainage and divert run-off