Partnering with you to realize your vision, Mazingira offers design and consultation services for any size project. Our goal is to create customized spaces that are both beautiful and functional while keeping the environment in mind. We work with you at all stages of the planning process whether you are starting from scratch, have your own sketch that needs further development, or want help fine-tuning an existing plan.
The Design Process
- The process begins when you provide basic information about your project including scope, goals, and aesthetic preferences. We provide a design questionnaire, which helps facilitate the organization and communication of your ideas.
- At our free initial consultation meeting (one hour), we will discuss project details, review your budget, and perform a site assessment. This process includes noting site conditions such as elevation, exposure, drainage, irrigation systems, soil type, and pre-existing plants and features. Additionally, photos and measurements are taken.
- We follow up by providing a written summary of the scope of the design and an estimate of design costs. Following your approval of these costs, a contract is signed and a deposit is sent so that we can get started.
- At our preliminary design meeting, we present a hand drawn plan along with a plant schedule with photos, recommended materials list with photos or samples, and ballpark estimate for installation of this design. At this time you have an opportunity to review everything and give us your feedback.
- We use this information to make modifications and develop a final design which includes a full-color drawing plan to scale, final plant and materials lists, and revised estimate for installation. This is all presented at the final design meeting.
We are also happy to offer consultation services where full design drawings may not be necessary such as for simpler planting projects.